Required export documents
1. Commercial invoice
2. Packing list
3. Certificate of origin
4. Any other documents required by the addressed (Customs declaration – Insurance form – Bill of lading / air waybill–additional documents related to specific products and specific countries).
Let’s have a brief explanation on each item;
1. Commercial invoice:
- Is a record or evidence of the commercial process (commercial character) between the exporter and the importer based on the conditions previously agreed to by both parties. When the goods are ready, a commercial invoice will be issued by the exporter to the importer, who in turn signs a copy of it and returns it to the exporter again.No specific form of commercial invoice is required. The original invoice must be submitted with a copy of at least one, and in general there is no need to sign the invoice, but it is customary that the original commercial invoice be signed and a copy. The invoice can be written in any language, but preferably translated into English.This document (the invoice) must include as much detail as possible, and this is the minimum detail to be included:
- Information on the exporter and importer (name and address).
- The date the invoice was issued.
- Bill number.
- Full description of the goods (name, quality, etc).
- Measuring unit.
- The quantity of the goods.
- Unit value.
- The value of all units.
- The value of the entire invoice, and the currency in which the payment will be made (the amount must be specified in a currency that can be easily converted into the euro or the equivalent legal currency in the importing country).
- Payment terms (method and date of payment, discount, etc.)
- Conditions of delivery of the goods using international trade terms. (Incoterms).
- Way of transportation.
2. Packing list:
- It is prepared by the producer /exporter, and contains information about the imported units and packaging details for each shipment. It usually includes the following information:
- Information on the exporter, importer, and carrier.
- Issue Date
- Shipping bill number
- Nature of packaging of goods (cylinder, crate, carton, box, barrel, bag, etc.)
- Number of packages -The content of each package (description of the goods and the number of each unit / package)
- Signs and numbers
- Net weight, gross weight and parcel unit.
- Customs authorities have the right to delay the process of clearing the shipment until the importer has prepared a packing list that shows the actual content of the container.
- The packing list is necessary when all the information in it is clearly stated in the commercial invoice.
3. Certificate of origin:
- The certificate of origin is important for traders to benefit from preferential treatment in relation to customs tariffs. This document can be obtained from the Customs Department of the Ministry of Finance, and the Chamber of commerce, provided that it is approved by the Ministry of Finance. The form as follows:
- The Ministry of Finance must certify the certificate of origin, whether issued by it or that from the Chamber of Commerce.
The certificate of origin for the European market is Eur.1:
- The certificate must be written in English, include the signature of the exporters, and be sealed and wrapped by the Customs Department of the Ministry of Finance.
- The certificate of origin (EUR.1) is used when exporting to the European Free Trade Association (AFTA) countries, and the same procedure applies.
Alternatives to Certificate of Origin EUR.1:
- The European Union agreement states that if the total value of the goods exceeds 6000 euros, in this case an invoice statement is used as a substitute for the certificate of origin EUR.1, where the invoice statement proves the origin of the goods.
Licensed Source: The European
- Union Agreement states that any exporter that regularly and continuously exports shipments to the European Union can be granted the “licensed source” status. This situation is similar to replacing the possibility to replace the EUR.1 movement certificate with the bill statement.
- Certificate of Origin for the United States of America form A, Exporters must submit form CF7501. and CF316 model, both models can be obtained through freight forwarder or clearance agent.
certificate of origin for Canada.
- The certificate takes the form of the declaration, and it must be presented to the Canadian customs authorities only upon request, and the exporter must send it to the canadian importer by fax at the specified time designated by the canadian customs authorities.
- Provided that the exporter completes and signs the statement proving that the origin of the good certificate of Origin for Arab
- This document is available from the Chamber of commerce. Three copies must be completed: one for the Chamber of Commerce, and two for the source.
- The certificate should include the rules of origin, the name of the products, the name of the exporter / producer, the company registration number, and the country of origin of the raw materials from which the products were made. It should also be sealed by the chamber of commerce and the ministry of economy.
- Until the chamber of commerce stamps the certificate of origin for arab countries, it requests the commercial invoice, company registration, and registration of foreign trade.