The definition of electronic commerce:
- We can conclude with a definition that combines the aforementioned definition as follows: E-commerce is the
“implementation of everything related to the sale and purchase of goods, services and information using the Internet, in addition to other global commercial networks”, and this includes:
Distributions and deliveries of goods and follow-up procedures Payment and payment of financial obligations Concluding contracts and making deals Negotiation and interaction between the buyer and seller Customer relations that support sales and purchases and after-sales services Information about goods, goods and services.
Advertising for goods, goods and services Technical support for goods that customers buy electronic data interchange, including: Banking transactions Electronic invoices Inquire about goods Price catalogs automated correspondence related to buying and selling operations.
- E-commerce is one of the modern expressions that have entered into our daily life and has even been used in many life activities that are related to the information and communication technology revolution. E-commerce is an expression that we can divide into two sections, as the first, which is “trade”, which refers to an economic activity that takes place through the circulation of goods and services between governments, institutions and individuals and is governed by several rules and regulations that can be said to be internationally recognized, while the second section, “electronic” it refers to a description of the field of trade performance. It refers to the performance of the commercial activity using electronic media and methods such as the Internet.
- Computer acquisition.
- Internet browser program.
- Internet subscription.
- Online shopping purchase card.
- The e-commerce applied on the Internet described several characteristics, the most important of which are:
There no use of the paper documents exchanged and used conducting and executing commercial transactions, and the interactions and exchanges between dealers are done electronically and no type of paper is used. Therefore, the electronic message adopted legal basis recognized by the two parties when any dispute occurs between the dealers.
It is possible deal through the application e-commerce with more than one party the same time, so that each party can send electronic messages very large number recipients at the same time, and there is no need to send it again.
The interaction between the two parties dealing in electronic commerce is carried out by the communications network, and what distinguishes this method is the presence of a high degree of interactivity without the two parties being present on the network.
The lack of joint coordination between all countries for the sake of coordination and the issuance of a specific law for each country taking into account the laws of other countries, which in turn impede comprehensive application of electronic commerce.
Intangible goods can be bought and sold directly and through the communication network.
Thus, e-commerce has been separated from its counterparts from the traditional means used in the buying and selling process, for example, reports, research, studies, pictures and the like.
The use of computer systems available in business institutions to flow data and information between the two parties without there being any direct intervention of manpower helps complete the commercial process at the lowest costs and with high efficiency.
The nature of the business:
- Traditional commerce (brick-and- mortar).
The process of exchanging and delivering goods, services or information in electronic form. Partial Ecommerce (click-and mortar) A mix between traditional and electronic commerce, with part of the electronic business process and the other being tangible.
The commercial relationship between subscribers:
- From company to company (B2B) it is the existing trade between one company and another, such as a manufacturing. Company that buys raw materials from another company. For example, a cleaning material manufacturer needs chemicals to manufacture its products. These chemicals are produced by another company and they buy them from them.
It is the trade between companies on the one hand and individual consumers on the other, such as Dell that sells the products it manufacturer directly to the consumer without an intermediary. Like the process of trade between Dell and the customer directly.
From company to company to consumer (B2B2C). It consists in trading from one company to another, and then to individual consumers. They sell chocolate to another company and then the company sells chocolate to its employees. Godiva, for example, is another example electric appliance company that sells appliances to retailers, and then retailers sell them to consumers directly.
From consumer to company (C2B). It is the commercial exchange from individual consumers to companies. For example, a woman selling her handicrafts to a company interested in heritage.
From department to intra business. It is represented in all activities and internal information of the company that involves the exchange of goods, services or information between the various departments and individuals within the company.
Like Samsung, it contains several different units, each unit
manufacturing a specific technology and selling it to another unit within the company.
From the company to its employees (B2E). It is the company providing goods, services or information to its individual employees. Such as if a company sells a specific product or service to its employees at a special price and the return on profits is explained in the company’s account.
Consumer to Consumer (C2C). It consists in trading from consumer to consumer directly.
Like a trade between someone who owns a musical instrument and wants to sell it and another person who wants to buy it.
Cooperative Commerce (C-Commerce). It is the people or groups that communicate or collaborate electronically. Like two or more companies cooperating electronically to design and produce a specific product.
From the government to its citizens or to corporations (E-Government) It is represented by government units purchasing or providing products, services, or information to or from their individual or corporate citizens. Such as submitting a grant application to the Ministry of Education through the ministry’s website.